- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbl olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves (or 1/2 tsp. ground thyme)
- 1 tsp dried tarragon leaves (opt.)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 medium yams or dark orange sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 large onion (cut into 8 wedges)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts (bone-in) or 1 whole chicken cut up
Heat oven to 425. In large bowl, mix broth, oil, salt, thyme, tarragon and pepper. Add vegetables and garlic. Toss to coat. Remove vegetables with slotted spoon to ungreased 15x10x1 inch ungreased pan.
Add chicken pieces to remaining broth mixture, turning to coat all sides. Place chicken pieces skin side down next to vegetables in pan. Drizzle any remaining broth mixture over chicken.
Bake 30 minutes. Stir vegetables and turn chicken pieces. Bake 30-40 min longer or until vegetables are tender and juice of chicken is clear.