This was a very quick and easy recipe, perfect when served with re-fried beans, my mouth waters just thinking about it again. This meal is great for any meal of the day.
- 4 whole green chilies (we just used the cans from the store, they usually come with 3 a piece)
- Cheese (enough to fill the chilies and sprinkle on top at the end)
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp. oil or butter
- garlic salt
- Fill the chilies up with cheese and season both sides of the chili with garlic salt and pepper
- Heat up the oil/butter in a frying pan and saute the chilies on medium heat until the cheese begins to melt.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with a whisk and add small amount of milk, garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Pour egg mixture over chilies, cover and cook on low for 8-10 minutes (or until egg is firm, but not over cooked)
- Turn off heat and sprinkle cheese on top and let it melt.
Yields: 2 servings
Inspired from cooks.com