- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg white (we used the yolk also)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or to taste)
- Heat oven to 375 deg. Beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, or mix with spoon. Beat in vanilla and egg white.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set (do not overbake). Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
1 Cookie: Calories 75 (Calories from Fat 25); Fat 3g; Saturated Fat 2g; Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 5 mg
Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 1g